Followers

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

How Do You Do It?

I woke up at 5:47 and the sky looked like this.


 It changed by 7:30.

 Fortunately it did not get super hot until mid-morning.


 I went to Brockport, got a hair cut and picked up some shades for the Studio.  I hope they will make a difference.
By the time I got home it was hotter than I could stand so I spent the afternoon in our relatively cool kitchen reading....with a fan on me.

Ariana, Finn and Coop came up for dinner.  They wanted tacos....I turned mine into a salad on a soft shell.
 Coop had one heck of an appetite.

 We told him he was looking like a real Swede and he made this lovely face.
 Too bad I was unable to take clear photos....

 Chores at 7. Sponged off Abbe and Berlin and tucked the girls in for the night.  
The flies were in attack mode.
 Sweat was rolling off me by the time I got back in the house.
I don't know how people handle day after day in the 90s.
U N C O M F O R T A B L E
When I sat down to start my post, the setting sun was shining into the library.
Loved the light on Brenda's painting of Abbe.
What would I do without these fans?
Night all.
Hope it's cooler where you are.

7 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Love that picture! It's been miserable here for two days, high 90's and high humidity. More of the same tomorrow. Hope it breaks soon.

Birdman said...

I'm a fan of yours. Does that make the room a bit cooler??????

Val Ewing said...

The humidity here was awful for a few days, certainly not as bad as other places, but it made doing most anything outside, including chores very dismal indeed.
Mowing the yard with a push mower was not enticing. Better to let it go and do it another day.

Melissa-ParadigmFarms said...

When Jason and I lived in Vermont very few of the houses had air conditioning, including ours. It made the super hot, humid days extra miserable and we finally put a window ac unit in our bedroom to make it more comfortable for sleeping during the hot spells. I was fine with it but Jason, the Canadian, couldn't handle it without air conditioning, he would just lay awake and sweat. Now if I get too hot I can go inside and get in the air conditioning for a few minutes, or I get in the pool, and I am pretty much instantly cooled off. But I do heat well. I do not do cold well. I am one of those people that proves it is not always possible to put on enough clothes to get warm!

sandy said...

always love it when I remember to visit - the grandsons are getting so big now and of course, always loved reading about what you cook - sometimes I get ideas from you. Love the banner photo by the way.

Unknown said...

Hello Lori. With a few exceptional days, it's been rather a cold summer here. Spent a few days in Sweden with Nea and family, and it was rather cold and wet there too. Please send some of that heat our way soon.
Warm regards, Mike and Ann.

Buttons Thoughts said...

The sun on Abe is incredible love that painting. I really want corn now for some reason:) Hug B