Followers

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

One Thing After Another...

The temperature was in the high 30s this morning!  Egad!!!!

 Cleaned the stalls and was mowing the lawn by 8:30.  Want it to look good for a photo shoot that is taking place here tomorrow.




 At noon the chorus had a pot luck lunch at The Center, our last event for the spring semester.
Because we sang "Fireflies" in our concert, Mary Ellen was given a firefly jar and this painting
(which lights up).  There had to be at least 50 or 60 people present and the food was great.


 I loaded up a plate with food and took it over to Sara's, where Gary was working.
Have you ever been there?
A true slice of heaven.
 Earlier in the spring he painted the front of the store.  Love the new doors.
 This is Kathy.  She and her husband own the business and have amazing taste in the way everything is presented.
 Their inventory is mind blowing.

 Weddings have been held here and it is the perfect spot for prom photos.














All kinds of problem on the farm today.  First, when I was mowing the last 25 feet of the lane, it sounded like I hit a rock where there were no rocks.  Turned off the lawn tractor and discovered a hunk of metal that snapped off the back part of the mowing deck.  Managed to get it out of the way and finished the job.  Got back to the house and water was still leaking into the washing machine.  Flushed the downstairs toilet and it would not refill.  Called Gary and he said the upstairs john was not working right either.  So, we called our plumber and he got here around 3.  
Apparently, when the new hydrant was put in the barn, all kinds of grit got into the water lines and it was passing through the system (we are on a well).
When they turned the water off to work on new shut off valves for the washer and turned it back on....no cold water would come out of the kitchen sink.  So, the plumber and I went out and bought new facets and a filter system for the basement.  There was an O ring missing in the filter so it leaked all over the place and I had to go back to the store and get one.  By 6;30 everything was back in working order.  Tomorrow I have to go out and buy a new washing machine.  Talk about the domino effect....or is it affect????
 Gary had a 6pm board meeting and I did not go out to do chores until 7:30.




 Tucked the girls in and that was that.
Tomorrow is another day.
Night all.

PS
Blogging buddies....I have been asked to write an essay for a local newspaper.  Each month they publish a community link and this time the theme is "Linked Together In Friendship."
The editor knows I have a journal and thinks I would "present a unique perspective on the topic if I were to write about my blog and how I have grown friendships in that venue with people who I may never meet, yet know."
Is that not a perfect way to express what happens to all of us in bloggersville?

2 comments:

C-ingspots said...

Yes Lori, I do believe that perfectly describes our blogging relationships. Surely, they are friends whom we share our lives and thoughts, but may not recognize if we were to see them on the street. Wouldn't it be fun to have a big get-together though? Oh, the laughs and the conversations would be a blast!

That nursery is amazing!! Oh, could I ever have fun there? Might prove to be dangerous...

So sorry about all your troubles - and in one day!? Maybe you got all that bad stuff out of the "system" for a while...*hope*

Grey Horse Matters said...

I hate having plumbing problems. Of course, now that I've said that I probably will!

Beautiful gardens and flowers. I can see why weddings and proms would be held there.

I think the article you will write for the paper sounds right up your alley. It's a perfect topic for you.