Followers

Friday, April 24, 2015

Judy's Cookin'

Another morning near freezing.  We even had a few snowflakes coming down.




 Yesterday these daffs were so frozen, I picked them.


 I had defrosted some rhubarb (this year's crop is almost a foot tall) and finally took the time to make a rustic pie this afternoon.


 A quick trip to Wegmans and then home for some down time.
Chores a little early....
 all the girls had rolled.


 Left around 6:30 for Brockport.
 Gary, Sally and I were invited to Judy's for dinner.
 I made the salad (leaf lettuce, bean salad, Greek olives, cheese and onions) .
 Judy made green and yellow beans...
 roasted chicken...
 rice and gravy.

 Sally brought cheesecake with fresh raspberries.
Comfort food for a return to the ice age.  33 degrees.
Night all.

2 comments:

Joyful said...

My what a lovely dinner you had. So nice when friends invite us to dine in their homes. Snow at this time of year is unreal, isn't it? We had hail several times today. That is also unusual. It is so cold I had to turn the heat on. Have a wonderful weekend. xx

Val Ewing said...

My goodness all of your plates of food look as though they should just be admired they are so beautiful! Eating is a bonus too.
It was cold here yesterday morning, we had a hard frost! Much nicer this morning, though it is only 42. Love the crocus and the bee!