Followers

Friday, November 21, 2014

Tuscany Stack

 There was quite a glow in the sunrise this morning.

 By the time I got out to the barn there were humungus snowflakes falling.


 That was my cue to start shoveling our long driveway.  Fortunately it was very light.

 Had History Club at 2pm and by the time I left the sun was starting to go down.
 Got back to the farm for a few minutes and had to go out and do chores.
 Scott and Jenny invited us to go over to The Village Inn in Caledonia for dinner.
 What a treat.
 We had not been there in years.  Just love the atmosphere and the service was outstanding.
The menu was simple and different....you could see that the chef was very creative.

I had a Tuscany Stack (chicken, portabella mushroom, spinach, mozarella cheese and a roasted red pepper sauce) with risotto and a side of perfectly prepared veggies.  Forgot to take a photo of the delicious salads and warm bread.
 Gary had a cup of chowder and broiled fish with french fries and coleslaw.
 Jenny had chicken french with rice and a side of veggies.
 Scott had a cup of chowder and lightly battered fish with mashed potatoes and coleslaw.
Every single meal was fantastic and we would all go back again.
Thank you Scott!

We are supposed to start warming up tomorrow...headed toward 60 in a couple of days.
Insane!
What is going to happen when all that snow melts in the Buffalo area?
Night all.

4 comments:

Dreaming said...

I have never been able to catch snowflakes like you did. Either our flakes are too small, or you know a special setting on the camera!
I wondered about the Buffalo snow melting… wondering if it will be there for months.

Nancy J said...

I can see you have lots of snow now, and for Buffalo, carting it out by truckloads, making what looks to me a huge mountain, and yes, when it melts, water everywhere. If I were you ( and I am Mrs Practical) I would order a snow blower, yesterday!!! Take care out there, jean.

Terry said...

Beautiful photos, Lori.
I would love that restaurant.

Melissa-ParadigmFarms said...

I'm not sure what I think looks better, the sunrise or you dinner!