Followers

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Just Before Dark

 For awhile now, we have rain at night, beautiful mornings, more rain and beautiful evenings.





 Chorus at 10.  A good rehearsal.

 Did not accomplish much this afternoon.  Gary put the rest of the plexiglass windows in the barn for me, as we are starting to have pretty cold nights and the Florida Babes need to be nice and toastie.
Started working on dinner around 4:30.  Made coleslaw....everything was from our garden.



 I gave Dixie a couple of acorn squash to take back to Iowa and they were eaten shortly after they got there.  She sent me this photo...
and that motivated me to bake one tonight.

 These yellow beans were picked yesterday...we froze some and ate the rest....delish.
 Gary grilled a slice of ham topped with a mustard/brown sugar glaze.
A perfect fall dinner.
 After we ate I went out to do chores and as per usual, the sky was at it's best.



 All the girls had rolled.  I don't know how I am going to get all the stains off Abbe.



 Tucked them in and that was that.
 Night all.

8 comments:

Terry said...

Abbe says the other horses are just as dirty. It doesn't show as much.
Love the sky this time of year.
What a wonderful garden you had this year.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Everything looks delicious!

Beautiful skies too.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Another delightful day from start to finish! Similar weather here in Virginia for us, with closed windows at night. I do love this time of year!

Nancy J said...

I have a totally new respect for you and your horses, after our day at Foxton, Lots of work every day, and at the event, I saw one brave girl "picking", she had a blue shovel, everyone else left it where it was, so watched carefully as I walked. Colder at night, I still marvel at the Northern Hemisphere weather and seasons, as we have been having warm days, sleeveless top 2 days ago. We have 21C now, 70F. Love those sky photos too. Cheers,Jean.

Oak Creek Ranch said...

Could you pa-lease send some of that rain our way? Love your header; I need to plant some impatiens next summer. I forgot how much I love them.

Michelle said...

Your meal looks wonderful. Nothing like fresh food from the garden.

Marcy said...

I love your pictures and you have such a beautiful farm. Thanks for sharing.

Michaele said...

Wonderful scenery and a perfect fall dinner indeed! My acorn squash is all gone already. Note for next year - less zucchini - more acorn.