Followers

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Lesson Learned

I got off to a late start this morning and it totally broke the usual rhythm.  Karen was just about finished when I got out to the barn and I wanted to put the dogs in before she left.  So, I went to the house for a few minutes and when I got back out to the barn, this is what I saw!
 I still had to clean the stalls and had left Abbe's gate open....my big mistake.  Apparently Berlin was hanging out in there and I assume Maggie decided to join her and started a kicking contest.  Berlin must have rammed into the corner and somehow got over those boards into the aisle.  I was sick!  She had kick marks and hair missing in several places (probably from going through the boards).  I cleaned my poor old girl up and took out the boards.

 She appeared to be sound and went out to the pasture with the rest of the girls.  (I did give her a little bute, as she must have been sore).
 I spent the rest of the day running around.  First I dropped Gucci and Phoebe at the dog groomers.
 When I got home Gary was repairing the mess.  You can imagine how thrilled he was.
 At 2:30 I picked the dogs up.  They have to be so much more comfortable with their summer cuts.

 Dinner before chores tonight.
 Macaroni salad and a spinach salad.  Still hot out.

 Out to do chores at 7.  Hopefully it will cool down quickly.







 I love this old barn...especially when there is strong evening light.

 Gary has started picking the garlic... it is beautiful and big.




Ariana and Daniela are flying in from Las Vegas tonight.  More on that later.
Night all.

8 comments:

Victoria Cummings said...

I hope Berlin is doing okay now. Have fun with your girls!

Terry said...

Yikes! So glad Berlin is okay. That could have been bad.
I'm a sucker for the beautiful light you have.

Holly Hollyson @ Full of Beans and Sausages said...

Aw ww, these things happen - I hope that Berlin feels better this evening x

Dream Valley Ranch said...

Awww poor Berlin! Sending her a special hug! What a bummer when horses end up doing those kinds of things :( hope tomorrow is a better day for everyone! Xoxo

Oak Creek Ranch said...

I'm glad Berlin is okay. Don't you hate it when you do things like that? It seems like there are always lessons to be learned...

Nancy J said...

Sorry about the mess to repair, but the garlic sizing board, superb. Cheers,Jean.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Glad that Berlin is okay. They always seem to do things you'd never expect.

Sharon Creech said...

Whew! I could see where that would throw off your whole day. Hope all is peaceful tonight. xx